Friday, January 23, 2009

Michael Sherwin


Where I Stand, Approx. 2.5 x 7 ft., Toned Silver Prints, 2004

"Nearly every morning for an entire month, I stood in approximately the same location in my backyard making a photographic record of both the sky and the ground. I was interested in drawing relationships between the infinite variation of pattern in something that is unreachable, and that which is right beneath my feet. In the installation, which was based on the calendar month of March, the gaps, or vacant spaces, represent me missing a day, being out of town, or a camera error. I embrace these uncontrollable errors in my working process. They break the perfect order into pieces, providing a more complex formation for the viewer to navigate."

You can see more of Michael's work here

No comments: